GFP has fishing areas with structures or piers to allow access. Accessible fishing piers have been installed in a number of state parks across South Dakota as well as other accessible facilites to support outdoor activities. These floating piers feature low railings, accessible ramps, sidewalks and nearby parking. Some of these areas also have expanded opportunities for enjoying boat launches, park areas, hunting areas and other outdoor activities.
State Parks and Recreation Areas
- Sunday Gulch Pond near Hill City
- Savoy Weir in Spearfish Canyon
- Legion Lake and Stockade Lake in Custer State Park
Other Access Opportunities
- Piers on the LaFramboise Island causeway (near Pierre)
- Lake Oahe tailwaters (near Pierre)
- Ravine Lake (Huron)
- Lake Mitchell - West end fishing bridge (Mitchell).
- Richmond Lake - Brook Brown Memorial Access (near Aberdeen)
- Lake Kampeska - Jackson Park (near Watertown)
- 3rd Ave. Pond - City of Watertown
- Wylie Park (near Aberdeen)
- Lake Traverse - Reservation Dam (near Sisseton)
- Lake Byron LSUA (near Huron)