Blue Dog State Fish Hatchery
Blue Dog State Fish Hatchery produces walleye, yellow perch, muskellunge for stocking across South Dakota. Historically, 14 different fish species have been reared at the hatchery.
- Located on the northwest shore of Blue Dog Lake.
- Typically incubates 100 million walleye eggs and stocks 60 million fish.
- Fish production occurs primarily in 36 ponds totaling 53 surface acres.
- Water is supplied both from wells and Blue Dog Lake.
- The second week of May is the best time to view walleye eggs and fry.
- Open for visitors Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Tours are available only for large groups and must be scheduled well in advance.
- 44437 139A Street
Waubay, SD 57273