Outdoor Campus - Rapid City
The purpose of The Outdoor Campus in Rapid City is to provide hands-on experiences in hunting, fishing and other outdoor skills. Free educational classes for youth, adults and families are held throughout the year. Visitors can explore indoor exhibits showcasing a variety of western South Dakota habitats and wildlife, along with a 4,600 gallon freshwater aquarium. The Campus also boasts over 1.5 miles of nature trails for your everyday use as well as a 14-station walking archery course and a 14 station practice range.
- 4130 Adventure Trail Rapid City, SD 57702 605.394.2310
Hours of Operation
- Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Closed Sundays and State Holidays
Programming is free - thank a hunter or angler!
- ADA/Accessible Features
- Archery Range
- Free outdoor archery ranges open to the public from sunrise to sunset 365 days/year
- 14-station practice range with targets at distances from 20 to 80 yards
- 14-station walking course with targets at distances from 11 to 80 yards
- 1.5 miles of walking trails (no bicycles)
- Public fishing pond at the back of the property
- Picnic area (No BBQ)
- Public restrooms available during business hours
- Campus Map
- Walking Trails
- Walking Archery Trail
- Volunteer Registration
- Volunteer Login
- General Volunteer Opportunities
- Education Assistant (18+)
- Information Desk
- SD Wildlife Interpreter
- Volunteer Mentor Program
- Hunting/Shooting Mentor
- Application for Mentorship