Becoming an Outdoors Family
Becoming an Outdoors-Family teaches skills for a lifetime of outdoor recreation. We'll introduce you to several outdoor activities, providing all the instruction and equipment you need to try it out for yourself. It's ideal for kids age 8 and up, but the whole family will enjoy spending time outside together, no matter their age.
June 11-13, 2019 (Tuesday-Thursday)
Lewis and Clark Recreation Area - Yankton, SD
- Campsite-$75 per family
- Camping cabin-$130 per family
- Instruction in your choice of four classes.
- Participation in several general sessions.
- Equipment use during the program.
- Electrical campsite or camping cabin for two nights. While supplies last. Bathroom and shower facilities are located nearby.
- Families can extend their stay three days to include the weekend for an additional fee.
Financial assistance is available for those who qualify. Call 605.773.7048 to inquire.
Participants are responsible for providing their own campers or tents. Camping will be on designated sites. A park entrance license is also required.