Becoming an Outdoors Family
Becoming an Outdoors-Family teaches skills for a lifetime of outdoor recreation. We'll introduce you to several outdoor activities, providing all the instruction and equipment you need to try it out for yourself. It's ideal for kids age 8 and up, but the whole family will enjoy spending time outside together, no matter their age.
Registration is currently closed.
The program fee is $75 per family and includes:
- Electrical campsite for 2 nights.
- Instruction in up to 4 outdoor skill classes.
- Participation in group sessions and activities.
- Program materials and ise of equipment.
- Program t-shirt for eachf amily member.
Participants are responsible for providing their own campers or tents. Camping will be on designated sites. A park entrance license is also required.
Class activities include:
- Fish hatchery tour
- Birdwatching and identification
- Watercraft exploration
- Bird photography
- Step Outside with are rifles and archery
- Nature crafts