Becoming an Outdoors Family
Becoming an Outdoors-Family teaches skills for a lifetime of outdoor recreation. We'll introduce you to several outdoor activities, providing all the instruction and equipment you need to try it out for yourself. It's ideal for kids age 8 and up, but the whole family will enjoy spending time outside together, no matter their age.
June 12-14, 2018 (Tuesday-Thursday)
Lewis and Clark Recreation Area - Yankton, SD
Registration opens March 6 at 7 a.m. CT.
The program fee is $75 per family and includes:
- Electrical campsite for 2 nights.
- Instruction in several outdoor skill classes of your choice.
- Participation in several group sessions and activities.
- Program materials and equipment use.
- T-shirt for each family member.
- Families can extend their stay three days to include the weekend for an additional $65.
Participants are responsible for providing their own campers or tents. Camping will be on designated sites. A park entrance license is also required.