Becoming an Outdoor Family
Becoming an Outdoor Family teaches skills for a lifetime of outdoor recreation. We'll introduce you to several outdoor activities, providing all the instruction and equipment you need to try it out for yourself. It's ideal for kids age 8 and up, but the whole family will enjoy spending time outside together, no matter their age.
July 15-17, 2020 (Wednesday-Friday)
Pelican Lake Recreation Area - Watertown, SD
- Campsite - $90 per family
- Instruction in your choice of four classes.
- Participation in several general sessions.
- Materials and equipment use during the program.
- A t-shirt for each member of your family.
- Electrical campsite for two nights.
- Families can extend their stay to arrive early or stay through the weekend for an additional fee.
Financial assistance is available for those who qualify. Call 605.773.7048 to inquire.
Participants are responsible for providing their own campers or tents. Camping will be on designated sites. A park entrance license is also required.