ATVs & Off-Highway Vehicles
Oahe Downstream OHV Area
The Oahe Downstream Off-highway Area features close to 400 acres of hilly grassland, river bluff and vegetated shale slopes for you to explore. Boundaries are marked, but there are no designated trails. Riding is allowed only on designated areas inside the OHV area.
Revheim Bay OHV Area
The Revheim Bay Off-highway Vehicle Area features a 1.1-mile track. Riding is allowed only on designated areas inside the OHV area.
- When operating off-road vehicles in the parks or campgrounds, the requirements are the same as an automobile. They must: have a South Dakota license, park entrance license, stay on designated roads, be operated by a person with a valid driver’s license.
- When in the OHV areas, vehicles are not required to be licensed or to have a park entrance license.
- Off-road riding is allowed only on designated areas inside OHV areas.
- Off-highway vehicles are prohibited from the snowmobile trails system during the snowmobile season.
- Snowmobiles are permitted in the OHV areas only during the designated snowmobile season.