Forms & Permits

Photo © SD Tourism

Disabled Veteran and Prisoner of War Lifetime State Park Entrance License Application

South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks
Division of Parks and Recreation
523 E Capitol Ave
Pierre, SD 57501

Any South Dakota resident who meets one of the following criteria may apply for a free lifetime park entrance license valid at any South Dakota state park or recreation area.
  • A veterans allotment for a total disability which is deemed a service-connected injury
  • The United States Veterans Administration "K" Award
  • Was held as a prisoner of war

Applicants must meet eligibility as established in state law SDCL 41-17-13.4. If you do not have these papers in your possession you may contact the Veteran's Administration office in Sioux Falls and have them sent to you or you may request in writing that the Veteran's Administration mail a copy of these papers to the South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks.

The approved applicant will also receive a camping services permit that allows the permit holder a 50% discount on any camping fee or associated electrical service fee for their site. The discount does not apply to state park lodges. Reservations for state parks may only be made through the call center 1.800.710.CAMP (2267), disabled veterans are exempt from the $2 call center fee.