Disabled Veteran and Prisoner of War Lifetime State Park Entrance License Application
Division of Parks and Recreation
523 E Capitol Ave
Pierre, SD 57501
You must be a resident of South Dakota. Along with this completed application form, you must submit a copy of the “K” award or letter from the Veteran’s Administration indicating you receive a veteran’s allotment for 100% total disability which is deemed a service connected injury or that you were held as a prisoner of war, which will meet eligibility as established in state law SDCL 41-17-13.4.
If you do not have these papers in your possession you may contact the Veteran’s Administration office in Sioux Falls and have them sent to you or you may request in writing that the Veteran’s Administration mail a copy of these papers to the Department Of Game, Fish and Parks.
Approved applicants will receive a billfold card lifetime park entrance license. The license should be presented at entrance to a state park area to gain access for the entire vehicle. License holder must be present and may be asked to provide proof of identity.
The license also grants the license holder a 50% discount on any camping fee or associated electrical service fee for their site or camping cabin. The discount does not apply to state park lodges. Reservations when using this discount must be made through the call center at 1.800.710.2267. Campers calling to use the discount are exempt from the $2 call center fee.
- Scan or take photos of your proof of eligibility; you will be asked to upload these documents as part of the application process.
- You will be contacted within two weeks with your application status.
- If approved, your approval letter will serve as your license until your personalized billfold card can be made and sent to you.
- Questions on the form, eligibility, or status can be directed to 605.773.3391.
- To apply via mail, use the printable application and include all eligibility documents.