A same day reservation allows campers to call or go online to instantly know if they have a campsite, saving them a trip to the park. This system is used at the Yankton Campground at Lewis and Clark Recreation Area and at Center Lake Campground at Custer State Park.
Open sites can be reserved beginning at 7 a.m. CT / 6 p.m. MT on the day of arrival online or by calling 1.800.710.2267.
- A same day reservation can be made for a maximum 14-night stay.
- Campers are required to place their camping unit on and to occupy their campsite by 10 p.m. of the first night of their reserved stay. If they fail to do so, they will be charged one night’s camping fee and forfeit the remainder of their reservation.
- A camper who wishes to extend their stay (for up to a 14-night maximum stay) on a same day reservation site must call the reservation center before midnight CT on the day prior of departure, or they will have to compete for their site with other campers the following morning at 7 a.m. CT.
- Checkout is 4 p.m. CT for campsites at Lewis and Clark and noon (MT) for campsites at Custer.
- A three-night stay is required for summer holiday weekends including Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day.