Conservation Law Enforcement Creed
Conservation officers play a critical role in protecting our state's natural resources, serving in their communities and connecting individuals to the outdoors. In addition, they work evenings and weekends pledging the following to the citizens and visitors of South Dakota.
- Serve, protect, educate, and assist the public in its outdoor recreational endeavors.
- Be a vigilant guardian of natural resources on behalf of the citizens of the State of South Dakota.
- Encourage the wise use of our natural resources and to insure no harm to public safety or to the environment in this pursuit.
- Educate the inadvertent violator of conservation law and to take the appropriate level of enforcement action to achieve this goal.
- Identify and lawfully pursue the unrepentant offender and bring them before the court for judgement.
- Conduct our personal outdoor recreational activities in an exemplary manner, above reproach, and to serve as a role model of outdoor ethics to our peers and to the public.