S.D. State Parks to Host Halloween EventsOctober 16, 2019
S.D. State Parks to Host Halloween Events
PIERRE, S.D. – South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks (GFP) is celebrating Halloween with special events at state parks.
Make plans to attend a Halloween event:
• Haunted Fort at Fort Sisseton Historic State Park near Lake City, Saturday, Oct. 19, 8 p.m. CDT.
• Halloween Hike at the Outdoor Campus in Rapid City, Friday, Oct. 25, 5-8 p.m. MDT.
• Halloween Hike at Custer State Park, Friday, Oct. 25, 6 to 8 p.m. MDT, and Saturday, Oct. 26, 4:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Peter Norbeck Outdoor Education Center. Hikes depart every 15 minutes. Reservations required: 605.255.4515
• Forest Drive Fright Night at Richmond Lake Recreation Area near Aberdeen, Saturday, Oct. 26, 1-8 p.m. CDT.
• Mortimer’s Monstrous Halloween Event at Oakwood Lakes State Park near Bruce, Saturday, Oct. 26, 4-7 p.m. CDT.
• Trick-or-Treat Trails at Big Sioux Recreation Area near Brandon, Saturday, Oct. 26, 5-8 p.m. CDT.
• Trick-or-Treat Trails at LaFramboise Island in Pierre, Sunday, Oct. 27, 4-7 p.m. CDT.
There is no cost to participate in the events, except the Haunted Fort. A park entrance license is required where applicable. Participants should wear comfortable hiking shoes and dress for the weather. Children must be accompanied by adults. Costumes are encouraged for the hikes but not required.
For more information on GFP events, visit gfp.sd.gov.
View All News