GFP Commission Finalizes Fish Harvest Restrictions on Reetz LakeJuly 12, 2018
PIERRE, S.D. - As part of an access agreement with the landowners of Reetz Lake, the South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks (GFP) Commission agreed to change fish harvest restrictions on the non-meandered water body.
Reetz Lake will be open to public fishing from May 1 – Sept. 30. Landowner permission is required to fish from Oct. 1 – April 30.
Daily fish limits for Reetz Lake includes:
May 1 – Sept. 30
- 1 walleye or sauger, 28 inches or greater
- 1 yellow perch, 14 inches or greater
- 1 black crappie, 15 inches or greater
- 1 bluegill, 10 inches or greater
- Statewide regulations for all other species.
Oct. 1 – April 30
- All lake specific harvest restrictions are off and statewide regulations would apply to all species.
In addition, the largemouth and smallmouth bass size restrictions were removed year-round and changed to statewide harvest regulations.
The Reetz Lake boat ramp remains closed until the access agreement is finalized. Once finalized, the department will provide public notification.
View All News