GFP to Host Meetings on Winter Deer Depredation Programs and ServicesNovember 8, 2017
Photo copyright Jim Thompson Jr.
PIERRE, S.D. – The South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks (GFP) will host several open house meetings for landowners in central and western South Dakota in the coming weeks; allowing landowners to learn more about winter-time deer depredation programs and services offered by the department.
GFP staff will be on site to provide information, outreach and answer questions related to deer depredation in the following communities:
- Akaska - Nov. 15 from 6-8 p.m. CST at the Akaska Community Center
- Miller – Nov. 16 from 6-8 p.m. CST at American Bank and Trust
- Hereford – Nov. 28 from 6-8 p.m. MST at Hereford Community Hall
- Philip – Dec. 7 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. MST at the Philip Ambulance Building
- Bison – Dec. 13 from 6-8 p.m. MST at the Grand Electric Social Room
The Miller meeting will provide area landowners the opportunity to meet the new wildlife damage specialist who covers Hand and Buffalo counties.
For more information on the Akaska and Miller meetings, please contact Nathan.Baker@state.sd.us.
For more information on the Hereford, Philip and Bison meetings, please contact John.Kanta@state.sd.us.
GFP Mission: The South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks provides sustainable outdoor recreational opportunities through responsible management of our state’s parks, fisheries and wildlife by fostering partnerships, cultivating stewardship and safely connecting people with the outdoors.
View All News