Sheps Canyon Recreation Area
Sheps Canyon Modern Lodging
The group lodge at Sheps Canyon offers increased comforts in an outdoor setting any time of the year. The four-bedroom lodge sleeps up to 12 people and offers a full kitchen, dining area and four full bathrooms. It was originally located at the US Army Ordnance Depot at Provo, SD (active from 1942 to 1968), and served as a commander’s quarters. The home was purchased at auction and moved to its present location in 1996 by Sam and Diane Hill. The property was sold to the State of South Dakota in October of 2012. Situated near the lodge is a full log bunkhouse, which was originally used as a schoolhouse in the northern Black Hills near Engelwood. The lodge showcases beautiful views of Angostura Reservoir to the east, along with surrounding areas of the southern Black Hills.
Group lodges are single rental structures with multiple rooms for larger groups.
$280 per night
- 1.800.710.2267 (additional $2 fee).
- Minimum two-night stay required.
- Can be reserved as much as one year before arrival.
- Reservations must be made by midnight two days prior to your arrival.
- Check-in: 4 p.m. CT
- Check-out: 11 a.m. CT
- No pets allowed inside. Service animals are allowed; please notify the park prior to your visit.
- No smoking allowed inside.
- Park curfew/quiet hours are 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. Visitors must depart at 11 p.m.
- Bath towels, linens, personal hygiene products, and housekeeping services are not provided.
- A cleaning fee will be assessed if the facility requires more than standard cleaning.
- Park entrance license required for all vehicles.
- Special event application required for events involving 50 or more people.
Return to Sheps Canyon Recreation Area