Custer State Park
We have gathered some information that might be useful for you to explore and learn about Custer State Park.
- School Programs
- Calling all Educators, come explore with Custer State Park! The park is exited to work with you in offering a variety of quality educational programs. Our programs are designed to encourage life-long interest and appreciation of the outdoors. We invite you to schedule a visit to the park or have us come to your site for a nature adventure.
- Interested in receiving more information? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to our mailing list. This will provide you access to our quarterly newsletter and program brochure..
- Summer Programs
- Custer State Park is pleased to offer an array of interpretive and educational opportunities for our visitors. The following activities and demonstrations complement the rich natural history and cultural heritage of the Black Hills. Join the interpretive naturalist staff for engaging learning experiences while you “Let Yourself Run Wild” at Custer State Park. Weekly schedule with dates and times can be found at any of the park visitor centers.
- Please note, summer programing typically runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Winter Trail Challenge
- The Custer State Park Trail Challenge began as a way to invite visitors to hike the trails of the park and experience a variety of ecosystems. Flyers can be found at the park office or at the visitor center.
- Please note, the winter trail challenge runs from Nov 25, 2022 – April 2, 2023
- Self Guides
- Kids in Parks has converted some of our most popular TRACK Trail brochures into e-Adventures that kids can do on a smart phone or tablet. Kids can complete these e-Adventures in their backyard, schoolyard, local park, on an official TRACK Trail, or anywhere in between.
Custer State Park App (Google Play | App Store) The official app of Custer State Park
- The granite peaks and rolling plains are calling. The clear mountain waters are inviting and the open ranges are waiting to be discovered. Bring your family to Custer State Park and let yourself run wild. Encompassing 71,000 in the Black Hills, Custer State Park is home to abundant wildlife and adventure; camping, hiking, biking, swimming, fishing, or relaxing, there’s something here for everyone.
- This app includes self-guided audio tours to help enhance the visitor experience at Custer State Park, learn about the diverse wildlife, natural resources, and amazing scenic drives within the park. Explore one of the many activities Custer State Park has to offer.
- Winter Trail Challenge
- Come explore the park in the winter along a variety of trails! At one point along each trail is a Winter Trail Challenge Selfie Sign. To complete the Trail Challenge, participants must hike all the listed trails and collect a selfie at each Winter Challenge sign. Bonus points for fun photos! Flyers can be found at the park office or at the visitor center.
Return to Custer State Park