Community-Based Habitat Access Program
February 16, 2018 8 a.m. CT - 1:30 p.m.
Location: Ramada Hotel, 1301 West Russell I-29 and Exit 81
City: Sioux Falls
The Purpose of this Summit is to educate businesses and community leaders on the importance of conservation and the value of supporting incentives for farmers and landowners and how the APC model can work within their community.
Agenda will focus on the following areas:
- Opening Remarks and Introductions: Howard Vincent, President and CEO of Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever
- How Public Lands and Access Can Impact Local Main Streets: Kelly Hepler, Secretary of SD Game, Fish & Parks
- Rural Development & South Dakota: Anne Hazlett, Assistant to the Secretary for Rural Development
- Impact of the Aberdeen Pheasant Coalition: Casey Weismantel, Director of Aberdeen Convention & Visitor’s Bureau
- Panel Discussion - The Importance of Hunting and Hunters to South Dakota: Hunting Works Representatives
- Developing Future Community-Based Habitat Access Programs: Mike Stephenson, Pheasants Forever, SD Regional Representative
We will follow up with a workshop for interested parties to meet with staff and partners to further explore how this model may be successful within their community.
View All Events