Tacklebox - Tools for fishing
The all important questions to anglers are:
- WHERE do I go?
- WHAT will I find?
- WHEN should I go?
We can give you some of the best information available on the first two. Our biologists schedule fish stocking and survey lakes to see what and how many fish are present. These are not done annually, but on a regular cycle or if special needs arise.
- 2014 Fish Stocking Report
- Fishing Reports
- Lake Surveys, Fishing Forecasts and Maps
- Report Tagged Fish
* Do not use this form for Lake Oahe tagged walleye, please visit the Lake Oahe Tagged Walleye page, or call 605.223.7656.
fisheries strategic management plans
- The two below draft plans on Black Hills fisheries management are currently available for public review and comment. To submit comments, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 26, 2015, and include your full name and city of residence.
- Plan Summaries by Plan Area
- Statewide Fisheries Plan
- Black Hills Fisheries Management Plan
- West River Fisheries Management Plan
- Missouri River Fisheries Management Plan
- East River Fisheries Management Plan