Check in: 4 p.m.
Check out: 11 a.m.
Fees: Range from $125 - $240 per night (additional occupants - $17 each). Prices do not include tax.
Park Permit: Required
Reservations: Required, www.campsd.com 800.710.2267
Availability: available year-round.
Group Accommodations: Available for 8 - 12 people
Accessible Accommodations: Available
- Lodge Safety, Rules & Regulations
- Please, no smoking.
- Pets are not permitted in the lodges, unless service animal.
- No cooking or cleaning game inside the lodges
- Firewood Safety
- Aquatic Nuisance
- If you Care, Leave it There
- Don't Pocket Our Past
What to bring
- Cooking utensils (some lodges furnish these items)
- Sleeping bag / bed linens
- Personal toiletries
Lodges are a great place for group gatherings during any time of the year, whether it be relatives for a summer reunion, hunting buddies in the fall, or a family get-together during the holidays. Six of our state parks offer lodges - each is unique in style and location and all provide wheelchair accessible facilities.
- Lake Thompson Recreation Area
- Mina Lake Recreation Area
- Newton Hills State Park
- Oahe Downstream Recreation Area
- Palisades State Park
- Shadehill Recreation Area
- Sheps Canyon Recreation Area
Each of our six accessible lodges is unique in style and location and is a great place for a group to gather at any time of the year. They feature wheelchair accessible sidewalks, ramps, nearby parking, wide doors and accessible shower and kitchen facilities. Service animals are permitted inside the lodges (please inform the park staff before you arrive). Reservations for these lodges are available.
- Furnishings: beds, tables, and chairs
- Appliances: range, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, gas grill, toaster, television, and fireplace
- Hot showers
- Campsites with electrical hook-ups (check with specific park for details)