The Outdoor Campus - West
We are located along Sturgis Road in Rapid City, just past the Meadowwood Bowling Alley. Map it!
What is there to do at The Campus?
- Explore our hands-on exhibits featuring four different ecosystems in South Dakota.
- Relax in front of our 4,600 gallon freshwater aquarium.
- Learn about wildlife and habitats or have some storytime with your kids in our library.
- Send your kids on a scavenger hunt throughout the building, looking for some of our neat features.
- Hike on over 1.5 miles of trails through a wide range of habitats on our 32 acres.
- Let the kids play in our natural playground.
- Bring a picnic!
- Search for our geocaches (GC3730M and GC3749K)
And it's all FREE!
Photo courtesy of ARC International, Inc.
Monday: 8 am - 5 pm
Tuesday: 8 am - 5 pm
Wednesday: 8 am - 5 pm
Thursday: 8 am - 5 pm
Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
Saturday: 10 am - 4 pm
Sunday: 1 - 4 pm
Closed on state holidays
Our 32 acres of trails and habitats are available to explore seven days a week, from dawn until dark.
The Outdoor Campus West
4130 Adventure Trail
Rapid City, SD 57702
N 44 05.410'
W 103 17.155'