VOLUNTEER - Outdoor Campus East
To assist visitors in answering their questions or directing them to the proper area of interest.
- Provide information about The Outdoor Campus facility and educational opportunities.
- Provide information concerning hunting and fishing licenses and other common agency questions.
- Refer people to appropriate sources.
- Direct people to various offices or areas within the building or out on the grounds.
- May need to answer the phone and take accurate messages periodically.
- Work with a variety of people both individually and in large groups.
- Monitor the gallery area.
- Knowledge of The Outdoor Campus and Game, Fish and Parks facility and opportunities.
- Ability to answer the commonly asked questions regarding both departments.
- Enjoyment in working with people of all ages.
- Ability to work with large groups and deal with the possible confusion and noise that often accompanies large crowds, especially of children.
- Phone experience and ability to take accurate messages.
- Direct people to appropriate resources or areas.
- Volunteer Orientation.
- Special training/instructions will be given to acquaint the volunteer with the information they will need to know. An information book will be available at the front desk for volunteer use.
- A minimum of one 3-4 hour shift per month. May work more frequently.
- Help is needed 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. We will be open 7 days/week except for designated holidays.