VOLUNTEER - Outdoor Campus East
Purpose: To provide proper care to the fish in the aquarium and to educate the public about South Dakota fish.
- Obtain specified fish food from local supplier.
- Feed the fish the required amount of food on the scheduled day.
- Inform our visitors about what you are doing and the types of fish they are seeing.
- Return all supplies to their proper place and clean up any spills in the aquarium area.
- Able to obtain the food from local suppliers.
- Able to reach the top of the tank in order to feed the fish.
- Must be willing to feed the fish small pieces of nightcrawlers.
- Able to clean up any spills on glass or graphic area of aquarium.
- Able to identify the fish in our aquarium and know basic facts about them.
- Enjoyment of visiting with people in a fun, entertaining atmosphere.
- Supervising people of all ages and directing them to further areas of interest.
- Volunteer Orientation.
- A minimum of one feeding per month. May work more frequently.
- Time needed: any time after 10 am and before 3 pm on Tuesdays and Saturdays.