becoming an outdoor Family
Becoming an Outdoor Family is a weekend full of fun, camping and outdoor activities.
How it works
For just $50 per family, participants get
- electrical campsite for two nights
- their choice of three outdoor skill classes
- participation in several group sessions and activities, including a campfire potluck
- program materials and use of equipment
Participants are responsible for providing their own campers or tents, and camping will be on designated sites.
A park entrance license is also required.
Date & Location
Roy Lake and Fort Sisseton State Parks near Lake City
June 28-30, 2013
- Dutch Oven Cooking
- Shooting Sports
- Exploring Bio-diversity
- Dog Training Demonstration
- Disc Golf
- Area History
On Sunday, we'll travel to nearby Fort Sisseton Historic State Park for a morning of historical activities, including rope making, panning for gold, blacksmithing, building tours, and old fashioned wagon rides.
The program is currently full. Email us if you'd like to be notified if a spot opens.