becoming an outdoor Family
Becoming an Outdoor Family is a weekend full of fun, camping and outdoor activities.
How it works
For just $50 per family, participants get
- electrical campsite for two nights
- their choice of three outdoor skill classes
- participation in several group sessions and activities, including a campfire potluck
- program materials and use of equipment
Participants are responsible for providing their own campers or tents, and camping will be on designated sites.
A park entrance license is also required.
Date & Location
June 27-29, 2014
Lake Herman State Park, Madison, SD
Classes have not been set for 2014, but in the past have included sessions such as:
- Dutch Oven Cooking
- Shooting Sports
- Dog Training Demonstration
- Disc Golf
- Area History
- Outdoor Photography
- Nature Programs
- Outdoor Crafts
Registration packets will be available in Feb. 2014. Email us if you'd like to be notified when they become available.