SM Link

Private Fish Hatchery Licenses

A person must have a private fish hatchery license to maintain, operate and sell fish from a fish hatchery. A person must apply for a private fish hatchery license on forms provided by the department. Existing license renewals and requests to add new facilities or waters to existing licenses must be received by the Department before January 31 for the year the license is requested. All information requested on the application forms must be complete for the application to be considered. Licenses will be issued at the discretion of the Secretary of Game, Fish and Parks. For more information call the Fisheries Program Administrator 605-773-4501.