The spring turkey season offers licenses specifically designated for the prairie units, the Black Hills, Custer State Park and an archery season.
Hunters have the opportunity to apply for a license in each of the different seasons. In fact, there is an opportunity to get additional licenses for the prairie season. Details may be found in the application information for these seasons.
- Season Dates:
Prairie - April 8 - May 21, 2017 Season dates are for all units except Davison/Hanson and Lincoln. Also, the split seasons in Clay and Union counties was removed. Lincoln county has been added to the restricted area where a person may only use a shotgun using shot shells, muzzleloading shutgun or bow and arrow.
Black Hills - April 8 - May 21, 2017
Custer State Park - April 8 - May 21, 2017
Archery - April 1 - May 21, 2017
- Spring Turkey Application
(Available - January)
(First Deadline - Feb. 10)
- Apply Online
- 2016 Spring Turkey Regulations
Archery Access Permits for Adams Nature Area and Good Earth State Park
A free Residents-Only Access Permit is required to hunt archery turkey in Adams Homestead and Nature Preserve in Union County and Good Earth State Park near Sioux Falls.
- To obtain these free Access Permits, you must first purchase the Spring Archery Turkey License. After you have received your license, the Access Permits may be applied for only on the GFP website.
- 5 resident archery licensees will be selected through a random drawing to hunt at Good Earth State Park and 10 resident archery licensees to hunt at Adams Homestead and Nature Preserve. Access permits valid from April 1 - 30, 2017.
- Deadline: March 1, 2017 at 8 a.m. CST.
- Sign Up
Spring Turkey Unit Map:
- Archery spring turkey licenses are not valid in dark gray area.