West River Deer
The West River Deer season includes most of South Dakota west of the Missouri River and outside of the Black Hills. The short grass prairie is home to mule deer, with whitetails scattered along drainages and the rare wooded areas.
Both residents and nonresidents may apply for limited licenses available in specific units.
- Season Dates:
West River Deer - Nov. 14-29, 2015
Some units have different season dates, refer to the application for details.
- Antlerless season extension: only those tags specifically designated as "antlerless" are valid from December 26, 2015 - January 3, 2016 for all west river units. "Any" deer tags no longer convert for this extended season.
- West River Deer Application
(Available - June )
(First Deadline - July 17 )
- Apply Online
- Leftover Licenses
- Drawing Results
- Past Drawing Statistics
- Public Hunting Areas
- Big Game Regulations
- Request information be mailed
- Tentative Future Season Dates
- View all applications / deadlines