Terminally Ill Hunter Permit
Mail the Application for Terminally Ill Hunter Permit to:
South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks
20641 SD Highway 1806
Fort Pierre, SD 57532
- A resident who has been diagnosed by a licensed doctor of medicine to have a terminal illness that to a reasonable medical certainty is expected to substantially shorten the resident's life expectancy.
- A resident under the age of twenty-six who has been diagnosed by a licensed doctor of medicine to have cancer or other life-threatening illness.
Authorized residents are allowed to take no more than one deer, one antelope, and one turkey under this authorization. The Department Secretary may waive certain restrictions or impose additional terms and conditions as necessary to facilitate participation by the resident.
If your application is approved, be aware of the following:
- All accumulated preference points acquired for the authorization type requested will be forfeited.
- Authorization is only valid during normal season dates and times.
- Authorization is issued on a once-in-a lifetime basis.