Disabled Veteran/Purple Heart Recipient Special Pheasant Hunt
Mail the Application for Disabled Veteran/Purple Heart Recipient Special Pheasant Hunt Permit to:
South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks
20641 SD Hwy 1806
Ft. Pierre, SD 57532
ELIGIBILITY AND CONDITIONS
1. Any nonprofit organization may establish a special pheasant hunt in which disabled veterans or Purple Heart recipients of the United States Armed Forces may participate.
2.For the purposes of this application a disabled veteran of the United States Armed Forces is a resident or nonresident who:
a. Receives a veterans allotment for a forty percent or more disability which is deemed a service-connected injury or has received the United States Veterans’ Administration K Award; or
b. Has served on active duty in the armed forces of the United States or has served as a member of the armed forces reserve or national guard, and the resident is forty percent or more disabled for the purposes of receiving social security benefits;
3. The special pheasant hunt may be held before or during the regular pheasant season.
4. No fee may be charged to participants in any such special pheasant hunt, by either the state or the sponsoring organization.
5. Special hunt permits are valid on private ground only.
6. Only participants who are eligible per items 1 or 2 may harvest or shoot at pheasants.