State Parks Poker Run
April 15-Oct. 31, 2021
Round up your gang and head out for a state park adventure! Hike or bike the trails at participating locations to collect your poker hand. Email us a selfie with each of the five cards at that location to enter the prize drawing. Visit at least three parks to put together your best hand and enter again for your chance at the grand prize!
Five selfies with the cards from one park.
Five selfies with cards from at least three parks.
How to Participate
- Bike or hike the designated trail or indicated route at participating locations.
- Snap a selfie with each of the five playing card signs within that park. Include all members of your group; you get one entry for each person in the photos.
- Email all five selfies and your contact information to email@example.com for a chance to win that location’s prize package. You can enter once per person at each location.
- Enter again with your best poker hand using cards from at least three parks for your chance at the grand prize! You can only enter once per person, so make sure you have your best hand before submitting.
- The contest runs April 15-Oct. 31, 2021. Entries must be submitted on or before Nov. 1, 2021.
Each park gets two hole cards and three community cards. Park regions make up a table, so the flop, turn and river cards will be the same for all locations within that region. Visit at least three parks from anywhere in the state to come up with your best hand to enter for the grand prize.
- Fort Sisseton - hiking trail | hiking, biking
- Hartford Beach - paved roads throughout the park | hiking, biking
- Johnson’s Point Lakeside Use Area - trail into the city of Madison, between the park and the Hwy 34/19 intersection | hiking, biking
- Lake Herman - Luce and Abbott Trails | hiking, biking
- Lake Louise - Pheasant Run Trail | hiking
- Lake Poinsett - Poinsett Potpourri Trail, trailhead at visitor center | hiking, biking
- Lake Thompson - campground trail, | hiking, biking
- Mina Lake - Shake Maza Trail | hiking
- Pelican Lake - Native Flower Observation Trail | hiking, biking
- Pickerel Lake - Ponderosa Trail, West Unit | hiking, biking
- Richmond Lake - Forest Drive Trails | hiking
- Roy Lake - Island Hiking Trail | hiking, biking
- Sica Hollow - Trail of the Spirits | hiking
- Walker’s Point - hiking trail | hiking, biking
- Cow Creek - connector trail between Cow Creek and Spring Creek | hiking, biking
- Farm Island - Lewis and Clark Trail between the West Boat Ramp parking lot trailhead to east of the Storms Crossing Bridge | hiking, biking
- Indian Creek - Prairie Falcon and Turkey Run Trails | hiking
- LaFramboise Island - Forest Loop Trail | hiking, biking
- Oahe Downstream - Cottonwood Path Trail | hiking, biking
- Okobojo Point - main paved roads throughout the park | hiking, biking
- Shadehill - beach and connector trails, trailhead at swim beach | hiking, biking
- Spring Creek - paved roads throughout the park; around the cabins, marina and restaurant | hiking, biking
- West Bend - hiking trail, trailhead near Cabin 3 in Campground 1 | hiking, biking
- West Whitlock - Louis Badger Trail | hiking, biking
- Adams Homestead - River Loop Trail | hiking, biking
- Big Sioux - Big Sioux Bike Trail | Biking
- Chief White Crane - bike trail | hiking, biking
- Good Earth - Vista Loop Trail | hiking
- Lake Vermillion - Otter Stream Trail | hiking
- Lewis and Clark - bike trail | hiking, biking
- Newton Hills - Woodland Trail | hiking
- North Point - trail system | hiking, biking
- Palisades - Balancing Rock Trail | hiking
- Snake Creek - Shannon Hiking Trail | hiking
- The Outdoor Campus, Sioux Falls - Riparian Trail | hiking
- Angostura - hiking/biking trail | hiking, biking
- Custer - Creekside Trail | hiking, biking
- Custer - Mickelson Connector Trail | hiking, biking
- George S. Mickelson Trail - section between the Lead and Deadwood Trailheads | hiking, biking, horseback riding (outside city limits)
- Sheps Canyon - hiking/horseback trail | hiking, horseback riding
- The Outdoor Campus, Rapid City - hiking trail | hiking
One email will be randomly selected as the winner from all entries at each location. The winner will be mailed a prize pack including a State Parks Biker Gang backpack cooler, aluminum water bottle, bike multi-tool and more.
Best Hand Prize
The entry with the best hand as determined by standard Texas hold ‘em poker hand rankings will receive the poker run prize pack and two registrations for the 2022 Summer Trail Trek on the George S. Mickelson Trail in the Black Hills. (Riders must be 14 years or older to participate in the Trek; minors accompanied by an adult). Only valid hands that can be made from a standard 52-card deck are eligible. If multiple entries submit the same best hand, one winner will be randomly selected from all tying entries.
Winners will be notified via email from firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov. 15 and their prize mailed to the address provided. If a mailing address cannot be obtained within a week, a new winner will be selected.