resident-only Pheasant information
Season Dates: October 10-12, 2015
OPEN AREA: Public lands, statewide, which include the following:
- Hunting on public road rights of way is limited to those contiguous to and a part of public hunting lands open for hunting.
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Waterfowl Production Areas.
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers land adjacent to the Missouri River.
- U.S. Forest Service National Grasslands.
- U.S. Bureau of Reclamation land.
- State School and Public Lands.
- State parks, recreation areas, and lakeside use areas.
- GFP managed or leased property otherwise open to public hunting, including Game Production
Areas open during the regular pheasant season.
- GFP managed and leased property designated as Walk-in Areas and land enrolled in the Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP).
- Nontoxic shot is required to hunt small game on most public lands.
DAILY LIMIT: 3 rooster pheasants
POSSESSION LIMIT: 9 rooster pheasants, taken according to the daily limit. Limit accrues at the rate of 3 birds a day; 9 birds may not be possessed until after the 3rd day of hunting.
SHOOTING HOURS: Noon (central time) to sunset