COVID-19 Information related to Educational Activities
- HuntSAFE classes can be completed online.
- In-person classes are currently on hold.
- Field days will not be required for those completing the online class until further notice.
- Read more on GFP’s HuntSAFE classes.
- Offices and buildings for Outdoor Campuses are currently closed, but trails remain open.
- Visit your local Outdoor Campus Facebook page for more information and educational activities you can do at home.
- Outdoor Campus-East Facebook
- Outdoor Campus-West Facebook
More Information on COVID-19
Recommendations from Governor Noem and the CDC:
- Recreate locally and responsibly.
- Practice social distancing and avoid crowds.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly.
- Stay home if you have any symptoms and contact your doctor.
Additional Information on COVID-19:
The most recent GFP Podcast and Blast episodes have discussed everything you need to know regarding outdoor recreation in South Dakota as we address COVID-19. You can find these episodes here:
- Episode 12 - Question and Answers featuring "Are you closing fishing and hunting season?"
- Episode 13-Amazing Snakes and Fish Stories
- Episode 14-Fish Stocking, Mercury in Lakes, more Q+A
Please make mindful decisions as you care for yourself and your loved ones. For more information on COVID-19 in South Dakota, https://covid.sd.gov/.