Acting within its legislative mandates, the Commission serves as the advocate and liaison between the South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks and its stakeholders - the people of South Dakota. The Commission consists of eight members, appointed by the Governor for four year terms.
All South Dakota state government boards and commissions are subject to the conflicts of interest disclosure requirements contained in Chapter 3-23 of the South Dakota Codified Laws. The GFP Commission will comply with the requirements of this law by following a procedure for the conflict of interest disclosure. At the beginning of each GFP Commission meeting, the chair will read paragraphs 1 through 5 and ask if any commissioner has a conflict that needs to be disclosed. If any commissioner discloses a conflict, the chair will finish reading paragraphs 6 through 9. Then the commission will consider and act upon the conflict.
August 4-5, 2016
RedRossa Convention Center
how changes to south dakota's outdoor resources are made
- Interested in learning more about how your voice can be heard when it comes to the management of South Dakota's outdoor resources?
- Making changes in how the Department manages or regulates these resources requires different procedures and actions depending on whether the desired change is governed by state law, administrative rule or Department policy.
- As a service to our customers, we have outlined those steps. Take a look and let your voice be heard.
rule proposals and finalizations
- Press release package from August 5, 2016, on proposals and finalizations.
- To view proposed rules or new rules, and to comment on them, visit: Administrative Rules website.
- Rules do not take effect until 20 days after they are filled with the Secretary of State. See all Administrative Rules for the South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks.
- Individuals can also provide written comments on commission rule proposals by sending them to 523 East Capitol Avenue, Pierre, SD 57501, or via email to email@example.com. To be included in the public record, comments must include a full name and city of residence.