Cabins, Horse Camps & Shelters
A three-night stay is required for campsites and camping cabins on holiday weekends at all parks except Custer, which does not require a minimum stay. Camping fees are subject to sales tax.
- All cabins include electricity
- Check in time is 4 p.m. Checkout is noon, 11 a.m. at Custer
- Fees are per night per unit
- Entrance licenses and camping fees are required year-round
- Self-registration may be required
- Reservations must be made by midnight, two days prior arrival.
Cabins at the following parks are closed from November 15 until the last Friday in March due to bald eagles roosting in the area:
- Randall Creek
- Chief White Crane
- Oahe Downstream
Camping Cabin: $40
Camping cabins may be reserved year-round through the reservation center within 90 days of the arrival date.
Prime Cabin: $45
Lewis & Clark, Chief White Crane, Pierson Ranch, Fort Sisseton
Custer State Park Cabins: $50
Custer Camping Cabin reservations can be made one year in advance.
Check out time is 11 a.m.
- All fees are based on a per night fee
- Check out time is 4 p.m., except at Custer where checkout time is noon.
- Camps designed exclusively for horse campers
- Includes trailer parking and corrals
Shelters / Barracks / Tents
Picnic shelter reservations are accepted within 90 days of your arrival (except at Custer). Shelters are rented by the day.
Picnic Shelter: $20 (reservation fee)
Kitchenette Shelter (Fort Sisseton): $27
Kitchenette Shelter (Pierson Ranch): $50
South Barracks (Fort Sisseton): $300 per weekend
Event Tent (Fort Sisseton 40 x 100 feet) off-site: $1,000, plus $2 per mile over 25 miles
Fort Sisseton Grounds - outdoor wedding (if park benches are used): $125