The Outdoor Campus - East
Register for School and Preschool Programs
Important Information for Outdoor Campus Programs
Group Size: To provide quality programming, the maximum class size for most programs has been set at 30 students. The minimum number of students is 10.
Cost: There are no fees for these programs. Thank a hunter or angler for supporting these educational experiences.
Cancellations: Please notify us of all cancellations or adjustments to number as soon as possible so we can plan accordingly.
Chaperone: We encourage chaperones' participation to assist with supervision of students. We request a 1 to 10 ratio for all field trips.
Additional Sertoma Park Opportunities: While visiting Sertoma Park, there are several other opportunities for your students. The park has an excellent multi-age playground, sound tubes, a whisper dish, and geodome. There are also over two miles of trail for hiking.In addition, the Sertoma Butterfly House is available for a flight room experience or flight room and program. Please call 605.334.9466 for rates.
Procedure for Application for
The Outdoor Campus Spring School and Preschool Programs
We will be offering programming three days a week - Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday for the weeks of March 6th - May 25th.
- Fill out the application form completely. You can drop it off at The Outdoor Campus in person; mail it to 4500 S. Oxbow Ave., Sioux Falls, SD, 57106; fax it to (605) 362-2704; complete and submit it online; or simply call and we will take the information over the telephone. This must be done by 5:00 p.m. on February 14. Any slots still open will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Each teacher must apply for his/her own classroom. In the event that you are bringing two classrooms on the same bus, teachers will need to plan alternative activities for one of the classrooms for part of the time since Outdoor Campus staff can accommodate only one class at a time. Please indicate this exception on the application form.
- Each teacher is allowed to attend one program per school year from this brochure.
- On February 21st, beginning at 8:00 am, Campus staff will select names randomly and number them in the order drawn.
- The spring schedule will then be filled in beginning with application number 1 and continuing until all slots are filled or all applications are scheduled. Any remaining slots will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- If the schedule fills before everyone has been scheduled, those remaining will be put on a waiting list for that season.
- Everyone will be contacted within the next week concerning registration. Confirmation will come via email.
Â Keys to Success:
- In filling out the form, select 3-4 possible dates in case someone ahead of you had chosen your first date. If you are riding on a bus, an application can be filled out for a maximum of two classrooms.
- You may apply for only one program and one time slot per classroom per school year.