Position - Park Manager
Class Code: 90521
The Park Manager implements administrative directives and standard procedures by interviewing, recommending for hire, and training seasonal employees; conducting risk management inspections; preparing and prioritizing an annual work plan for maintenance and operations; providing information and education about park procedures and programs to the public; maintaining park facilities at maximum efficiency; and performing administrative tasks to meet customer needs and expectations, provide public and staff safety, and protect and preserve natural resources.
I. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- personnel procedures sufficient to provide work direction to permanent and seasonal employees, and trusties;
- fiscal procedures sufficient to prepare an annual operating budget, and authorize expenditure of budgeted funds;
- interpretive programming;
- natural and cultural resources and management practices;
- landscaping design and application;
- equipment use, repair, and maintenance;
- hand tools and their use and maintenance;
- basic carpentry, plumbing, and electricity sufficient to perform required building maintenance and repair;
- cleaning methods and chemicals;
- computer applications; and
- record keeping.
- communicate effectively with park users, other staff, division managers, and the general public;
- visualize park enhancements and estimate costs of development and benefits;
- prepare and justify annual operating plans and budgets;
- enforce park rules and regulations;
- operate and maintain a variety of equipment and tools;
- maintain and repair park facilities;
- perform administrative tasks such as keeping accurate records, collecting money auditing others' records, writing local contracts for services, and buying supplies;
- use a computer and various software and teach others how to use them; and
- provide work direction to permanent and seasonal employees, volunteers, and trusties.